Today is the first day of summer! I don’t know why but even though I work the same hours during the summer, there’s something peaceful and relaxing about knowing that’s its summertime. Maybe because the days are longer or the weather is nicer or maybe it’s just some kind of magic in the air but we all know life is better in flip flops. Here are some of my summer must haves this year.
- Aviators: I am addicted to sunglasses; I never go anywhere without them. There’s nothing cute about squinting in the bright sun while your lounging on the beach or window shopping. I get mine at Target; cute and affordable.
- Sunscreen: Being a redhead, I don’t tan; I crisp. I absolutely hate the smell of sunscreen and the idea of putting it on my face is not appealing at all. This Neutrogena sunscreen is my favorite even though it does have a smell; it doesn’t linger. The dry-touch formula is means I’m not a greasy mess when I put makeup over the top.
- Setting Spray: Melting makeup isn’t cute on anyone but especially me. I use Urban Decay All-Nighter setting spray daily in the summer. It locks my makeup in place for most of the day. It doesn’t last all day but most of the day which is good enough for me.
- Sandals: I live in sandals all summer long. By adding these cute sandals, it take an outfit from casual to summer casual.
- Sea Salt Spray: This is a new product that I’m learning to really love. I have naturally wavy hair and this Tony & Guy Sea Salt spray is fantastic for beachy waves.
- Colorful Bag: I love color so a bright bag or a cute print is my go to look for summer. I especially love this bag because it’s big enough to hold everything I need but it’s not heavy and difficult to get into.