…for the long absence. I have no excuses other than life got crazy and unfortunately, blogging just fell to the side. You know how it goes. Adulting is hard! However, things have settled down and I hope I’ll be able to post more regularly. Since life was so crazy, I figured I give you all an update on life.
First of all, my an auntie again! My nephew was born in February and is probably the cutest thing in the entire world. I spend a lot of my free time helping my sister and hanging out with baby as well as my niece. Now that summer is here, my 5 year nephew is visiting from Michigan!! He’s so stinking cute and incredibly smart. I love hanging out with him because he talks like a little old man.
Some of you may know that last year I quit my job in social services and took a job as a pre-kindergarten teacher at a private preschool. The change was crazy but I love my job! This year I had 18 4 and 5 years old! They graduated in June and I’m going to miss them so much when they start Kindergarten next month (we are doing summer school/session right now). My co-teacher and I have been busy getting our classroom organized and ready fro the 24 (yes, you heard me right, 24!!!!) 3 and 4 year olds next year.
My arthritis has been flaring a little bit and it’s been difficult to move my fingers, wrists and shoulder. It’s getting better and I’m trying to stick with just over the counter pain reliever (Aleve works right now) instead of doing to the rheumatologist. I’m really hoping that I don’t have a huge flare this year, but I’m worried it’s just delayed this year.
I’ve also been working through some family things. I don’t want to get into detail but I’m struggling with some family relationships. I’m huge into trust and honesty between friends and family so when I feel like someone has been keeping secrets or has been dishonest, it’s really difficult for me to trust again. But, like I said, I’m working through it and trying to get back to a good place.
I have a lot of fun things coming up and I’m looking forward to a lot in the second half of 2016. My arthritis-versary is coming next month!!! I’m also saving up to get a tattoo. My 30th birthday is in a few months. I’m hoping to plan a weekend road trip to explore the Eastern part of the country. And I’ve started bullet journaling! I’m very excited to see how I like it. Stay tuned for a bullet journaling thoughts/review coming soon!
Hope you’re having a wonderful summer and thanks for hanging in there with me. I really appreciate it!
I love trying out new things and reading about new products, music, books, eateries, etc. Sadly, July was a slow month for me and I really didn’t find or try anything new that was absolutely-can’t-believe it-amazing. But, here are some random things I’ve really been loving this month.
Sage the Gemini
M.A.C. Painterly Paint Pot
California Mango Mend
Iced Coffee w/nonfat milk and 3 pumps of white mocha
Victoria’s Secret Heavenly Summer body mist
What have you be loving? Anything I should tryout, leave a comment below.
Today is the first day of summer! I don’t know why but even though I work the same hours during the summer, there’s something peaceful and relaxing about knowing that’s its summertime. Maybe because the days are longer or the weather is nicer or maybe it’s just some kind of magic in the air but we all know life is better in flip flops. Here are some of my summer must haves this year.
- Aviators: I am addicted to sunglasses; I never go anywhere without them. There’s nothing cute about squinting in the bright sun while your lounging on the beach or window shopping. I get mine at Target; cute and affordable.
- Sunscreen: Being a redhead, I don’t tan; I crisp. I absolutely hate the smell of sunscreen and the idea of putting it on my face is not appealing at all. This Neutrogena sunscreen is my favorite even though it does have a smell; it doesn’t linger. The dry-touch formula is means I’m not a greasy mess when I put makeup over the top.
- Setting Spray: Melting makeup isn’t cute on anyone but especially me. I use Urban Decay All-Nighter setting spray daily in the summer. It locks my makeup in place for most of the day. It doesn’t last all day but most of the day which is good enough for me.
- Sandals: I live in sandals all summer long. By adding these cute sandals, it take an outfit from casual to summer casual.
- Sea Salt Spray: This is a new product that I’m learning to really love. I have naturally wavy hair and this Tony & Guy Sea Salt spray is fantastic for beachy waves.
- Colorful Bag: I love color so a bright bag or a cute print is my go to look for summer. I especially love this bag because it’s big enough to hold everything I need but it’s not heavy and difficult to get into.
Blogging is something I’ve wanted to do for years and finally decided to just go for it. I have a passion for all things fashion, beauty and life in general so expect a little bit of everything. Let’s kick things off with 20 random facts about me.
- I’m 28 years old.
- I was diagnosed with Rheumatoid Arthritis almost 15 years ago and celebrate the date every year.
- I grew up in a very small town with less than 1800 people
- My niece and nephew are my favorite kids
- I have a serious addiction to iced coffee (the barista starts making it when I walk in the door–don’t judge)
- I look shockingly similar to my older sister (we aren’t twins but get asked at least once a week if we are)
- I’ve had 5 joints replaced (both hips, both knees and a shoulder) and will probably be doing another one in 2016 if not sooner
- I love Michael Kors and Rebecca Minkoff bags
- I want to travel more
- I’m horrible at taking photos but pretend to be amazing
- I quote movies every day and drive my friends and family nuts
- I have more than 15 empty candle jars that I’m saving for a project but have no idea what it is yet
- I love nail polish and getting my nails done
- When I go “shopping” I usually walk around from store to store but never actually buy anything
- I love stationary and notebooks and pens.
- I am very organized and use a planner daily
- I can remember names and dates freakishly well
- I’m learning to love the gym
- I have 2 sisters
- I have a small addict to phone cases.
I hope this gives you a little glimpse into who I am. See you soon!